Friday, January 13, 2012

Meanwhile, back in Harare...

OK, so I'm not in Harare anymore. I had these grand illusions that I would catch up on all my blogs before leaving there. But it was not to be...  We are in Cape Town now in a guest house with no internet and this cafe is excrutiatingly slow. So, I'm afraid Christmas posts and our trips to Imire, Domboshawa and the Lion and Cheetah park will have to wait (maybe from Nairobi in a couple of weeks?)  Sorry, grandparents!!

But, I will quickly post a few pictures from before we left Harare.

While I went to Vic Falls with Dad and Anne, Zavion got to stay with David's family.  It was the longest we've been apart from each other and, as you can see from the photos below, he had a terrible time and just sat around crying and bemoaning my absence.  Yea, right!



 
Several times since we left Zim, Zavion has said that he misses it - he misses Miles, Eliza, David, Katy and Mambo. (But not Cindy the tortoise- apparently, according to him, 'Cindy is no big deal.') Just yesterday, he had a faraway look in his eyes and when I asked him about it, he said, 'I'm just really missing Mambo right now.'  He also talks in his sleep and early this morning, he was going on about David protecting Mambo from him, Eliza and Miles.

In honor of his cousins (human and cat,) here are a few more pix from our last few days in Harare! Thanks so much for everything David, Katy and family- we miss you and we really appreciate all that you did for us!!!!!


 






















 What four straight days of rain does to the yard...

But we don't mind the rain at all!!

Our last day in town - enjoying the sunshine and two of my favorite little people :)




No comments:

Post a Comment